So, last night my good friend Eli came to my house to watch Charlie Bartlett with me, my mom, my stepdad, and my granddad. It was so much fun, especially since it was one of the last times I would see him before school starts back up (which was supposed to be today, however, due to the raging fires, some of the local high schools have been opening up their doors in order to shelter evacuees).
Anyway, Eli loved the movie. And needless to say, so did I:)
I mean, sure, the film may be a little dramatic and exaggerated, but for the most part I think it's pretty demonstrative of what goes on in the lives of teenagers as far as drugs, promiscuity, and downright depression goes. Like my mom said, so many kids are treated like adults through their teen lives, and left to sort of raise and take care of themselves, when in actuality, that's the stage where they most need to be loved and cared for. And without that, they can end up feeling completely alone and forgotten about.
I'm paraphrasing, of course. Haha. But I would definitely recommend the movie to everyone, and please let me know what you think of it, if you've seen it already!
Eli likes coffee...
...and slightly feminine coffee mugs.
Anyway, Eli loved the movie. And needless to say, so did I:)
I mean, sure, the film may be a little dramatic and exaggerated, but for the most part I think it's pretty demonstrative of what goes on in the lives of teenagers as far as drugs, promiscuity, and downright depression goes. Like my mom said, so many kids are treated like adults through their teen lives, and left to sort of raise and take care of themselves, when in actuality, that's the stage where they most need to be loved and cared for. And without that, they can end up feeling completely alone and forgotten about.
I'm paraphrasing, of course. Haha. But I would definitely recommend the movie to everyone, and please let me know what you think of it, if you've seen it already!
Eli likes coffee...
...and slightly feminine coffee mugs.

No comments:
Post a Comment